Saint Joseph's College (Indiana), a primarily undergraduate Catholic college, founded and sponsored by the Missionaries of the Precious Blood, pledges itself to a tradition of excellence and to a liberal education that is a united endeavor of intelligence and faith.
The College places exceptional emphasis on the education of the whole person. Its nationally known Core Curriculum complements up-to-date career preparation in the major. These academic programs enrich and are enriched by programs of spiritual development, residence education, and athletics.
The College serves a diverse student body composed of men and women of all races, creeds, and socio-economic backgrounds who can thrive academically, spiritually, and socially in this inclusive community.
To fulfill this Mission, the College pledges:
- To form graduates who are competent professionals, capable of assuming leadership roles in the world, who will embody Gospel values in their personal lives and professional careers.
- To conduct the Core Curriculum and, through it, all College programs within the conceptual framework and value commitments of "Christian Humanism" that stem from our Judeo-Christian and Graeco-Roman traditions and from our Vatican II inspiration.
- To give witness in a special way, in all aspects of campus life, academically and existentially, to the Christian Humanist values of justice and love and its commitment to human solidarity and interdependence on national and global levels.
- To add to the emphasis to educate the whole student -- intellectually, physically, socially, and spiritually -- an abiding concern to provide personalized and individualized care.
- To steward all the resources of the College in truth, in loving justice, and with concern for the needs of the individual.
- To extend personal and professional services as Church and public needs may require.
"A United Endeavor" (2009) -- General Education at the service of Mission.
"Judgments of Quality" (2013) -- The role of Mission in assessment of Liberal Education.
Saint Joseph's College is a liberal arts college striving to prepare men and women to lead successful professional and personal lives consistent with Gospel values.