T.M. Massoels: Office Hours
Core Building - C217 Phone ext. 6284
A study of the marketing problems of the firm approached from a management point
of view. Emphasis is placed on the development of the student's ability to analyze
marketing situations, identifying problems, determine solutions, implement corrective
action, and plan strategy. The student learns how the marketing management functions of
merchandising, channel selection, determination of brand policy and price policy, sales promotion,
advertising, and personal selling integrate to produce an effective marketing program.
Primary Course Objectives
1. Explain the benefits of sales promotion, advertising, and personal selling
2. Demonstrate the skills of Sales
3. Demonstrate a solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications
4. Demonstrate an ability to write effectively
5. Demonstrate how to deliver presentations to a business audience.
6. Demonstrate the ability to using the library, online/print resources to research topics related to businesses in case studies
7. Demonstrate how one can act in an ethically and morally responsible manner.
8. Demonstrate the process of using the SWOT analysis
9. Demonstrate the benefits of teamwork and how to work with a team.
10. Demonstrate creative skills by creating advertising promotions
|In-class Activities (case studies, impromptu sales pitch, roll play, etc.)||10%|
|Puma Popper Project|
|Non Profit Organization||5%|
|Sales & Delivery||10%|
All work done outside of the class and in the lab needs to be:
Typed, Double spaced, Font Size: 12, Font Type: Times New Roman
** Assignments - ALL assignments are
to be submitted on the
specified due date.
**Academic Honesty - Plagiarism or other forms of academic dishonesty on assignments or tests will
not be tolerated. If the instructor finds that a student has engaged in dishonesty, the student may be
referred to the Dean of Academic Affairs for appropriate action. (This includes copying assignments
onto your diskette or into your directory.) See your student handbook for Academic Honesty.