MTH 441 Historical Perspectives in Mathematics Presentation
_____/10 pts. Outline, organization.
- Clearly well prepared.
- Topic and Presentation outlined to class
- Coherent order used.
- Leaders had equal and clearly defined roles in
_____/ 20 pts. Content.
- Historical context of topic clearly done with
sufficient detail, accuracy, and interest.
- Clear explanations and development of
mathematical concepts, terms, and examples.
- Had several appropriate and interesting
exercises for the students to complete and turn in for a grade.
- Required the students to complete certain tasks
or problems interactively relative to the discussion if appropriate.
_____/ 10 pts. Demeanor, delivery.
____ / 10 pts. Supplemental Materials.
- Spoke clearly and effectively and with
confidence. Good demeanor and posture.
- Both enthusiasm and interest in topic evident.
- Engaged the class interactively in the
discussion. Both asked questions of the class members and
gave opportunity for questions from the class.
- Appropriate well-designed and interesting
supplemental aids (audio-visual and notes) were used
_____ / 10 pts. Understanding of topic
- Leader(s) demonstrated a clear
understanding of the topic and were able to answer questions about their