Why Sports Management?
- 1If you are passionate about athletics, studying Sports Management will allow you to make your passion into a career. According to The Princeton Review, "Sports Management lets you participate in the exciting world of sports from a business standpoint."
- 2According to Forbes, the average Sports Management graduate has a salary of $100,000 by the time he or she reaches age 30.
- 3Having a degree in Sports Management does not limit you to sports-related careers. Because Sports Management students study business, Sports Management students have countless career paths at their disposal after graduation.
Careers in Sports Management
- Sport & Fitness Facility Management
- Event Management and Public Relations
- Sports Marketing and Promotions
- Collegiate/High School Athletic Departments
- Sports Retail, Marketing, and Ticket Sales
- Sports Information Director/Reporting
Alumni Graduate Schools
- Liberty University
- Northwestern University
- University of Indianapolis
- Illinois State University
- Indiana State University
Why Study Sports Management at Saint Joseph's College?
Our Sports Management group major is a joint effort between our Department of Exercise Science and Department of Business Administration. After graduation, students will be prepared to work for sports and fitness organizations, athletic departments, and sports-related marketing corporations. By combining foundational Business Administration and Exercise Science classes with industry-specific courses, SJC enables Sports Management students to become successful in a thriving field.
- Exercise Science - prepares students for graduate degrees in various Exercise Sciences disciplines and sub -disciplines
- Physical Education Teaching - designed for those who want to teach Physical Education at an elementary or secondary level and includes majoring in Physical Education and minoring in Education
- Fitness & Wellness - prepares students for careers in coaching, personal training, as a strength and conditioning coach, fitness coaching, and wellness advising.
Students in the sports management major work with the athletic department to gain hands-on experience in scheduling, event/game management, and sports information reporting.
Dedication to Excellence
The SJC Sports Management curriculum is designed to provide students with a strong foundational education. After graduation, SJC’s Sports Management majors are prepared to either enter the workforce or further their education with graduate studies.
Faculty and Class Size
Because the degree is a joint effort between the Department of Exercise Science and the Department of Business Administration, Sports Management students have the privilege of working with professors from two disciplines. Both the Department of Exercise Science and the Department of Business Administration consist of professors who have earned doctoral degrees and have extensive professional experience in their fields of expertise.