The mission of the Division of Business Administration is to prepare students of Saint Joseph's College (a) to become effective, competent, productive managers in a competitive and rapidly changing business environment and (b) to embody the values and ethics of Christian Humanism in their personal lives and professional careers.
1. Design and deliver high quality educational programs in accounting and business administration that emphasize the cross-functional nature of contemporary business enterprises.
2. Balance theory and conceptual frameworks with applied analysis and hands-on applications.
3. Commit personal attention to the oversight of students' academic plans and to the growth and development of the whole student.
4. Support students' understanding of their social responsibility as members of educational, professional, local, and global communities.
5. Embrace the College's Core Curriculum and continue to look for ways to link students' accounting and business administration studies to it.
6. Foster an excellence in teaching that focuses on actual learning outcomes and is driven by a passion for helping students reach their academic potential.
Faculty in the Division of Business Administration work hard to practice what we teach. And that includes managing ourselves in many of the same ways excellent firms manage themselves.
How are we doing in meeting our goals and objectives? Check out our 2013-2014 results.
Saint Joseph’s College has received specialized accreditation for its business programs through the International Assembly for Collegiate Business Education (IACBE) located at 11374 Strang Line Road in Lenexa, Kansas, USA. The business programs in the following degrees are accredited by the IACBE:
This mark of excellence signals to students and employers alike that a business degree from SJC has been forged by a faculty commitment to:
Get a jump start on your career and have your resume ready to go at graduation.
Small colleges offer you personal attention; SJC professors do more for you—they serve as mentors.
The Core Program is all about you and your role in the world.
You get more deeply involved at SJC, so you get more meaningful experiences that prepare you for career and life.
Get real-life experience and become an excellent communicator.