Special Housing Needs
All special accommodations for housing should be submitted with your housing application. Special accommodations for housing will not be accepted after the beginning of the academic term for which they are being requested.
The College will endeavor to meet the needs of students with special housing requests based on medical and psychological conditions. However, a request for a special room assignment must be accompanied by a letter of support documenting your need for the accommodation. If you are making such a request, be sure to provide documentation that meets the following standards.
The documentation should:
- Be written on the health professional's letterhead stationary.
- Be from the health professional providing treatment, or one who is closely associated with the care provided for the condition on which the request is made.
- Include a full diagnostic statement.
- Describe the specific housing accommodation requested.
- Provide an explicit rationale supporting the need for the accommodation.
Special needs room assignments are valid for one academic year. An updated letter of support from the health professional should accompany a new request.