Your residence hall will be furnished with desks, chairs, dressers, twin beds, closets, and window treatments - the rest is up to you!
Ideas for what to bring include:
- Telephone (one per room)
- Refrigerator - 2.9 cubic foot/1.5 amp maximum (one per room)
- Microwave - 700 watt maximum (one per room)
- Lofts - Students may choose to rent loft beds for their room, on the condition that all furniture stays in the room. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Shower shoes
- Beds in our residence halls are extra-long (36"x80") except for Justin Hall, which has standard twin mattresses (36"x75"). Campus Life has partnered with Residence Hall Linens to provide our students with a convenient, affordable way to purchase extra-long sheets and bedding items, as well as other campus-living necessities. On move-in day it's important to have those XL sheets that can be hard to find. Our goal is to make sure every parent and student is ready with the right size sheets, so we offer a huge variety of custom-sized linens guaranteed to fit your residence hall bed and to last until graduation. We also provide a selection of extra-long thermal blankets, extra-long mattress pads, pillows, storage solutions, extra-long comforters and anything else you will need.
Proceeds from this program are used for programming in the residence halls. Shipping is free for all Value Pak orders, and there are more than 26 color combinations available.Residence Hall Linens. All our residence hall room bedding and accessories come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee right up to graduation. You may return your linens for a full refund if you are not satisfied for any reason.
- Laundry detergent and softener sheets
- Trash can
- UL-approved power strips
- VCR and/or DVD
- Memo board for your front door
- Adhesive to secure wall hangings (We recommend 3-M Command Strips - they come off the walls/doors without causing damage. We do not recommend two-way tape)
The following items are not permitted in SJC residence halls:
- Pets other than fish (ten gallon max)
- Open heating elements, including but not limited to: toasters, hot pots, hot plates, broilers, space heaters, ovens, kerosene heaters, toaster ovens, electric grills for example George Foreman Grills, or electric fry pans/skillets
- Outside antennae
- Wood paneling
- Double-sided carpet tape
- Items that hang from the ceiling
- Dartboards that use metal tips
- Padded carpet (fire/safety concerns)
Note: The above lists are not intended to be all-inclusive. Please use your discretion in what items to bring and what items to leave at home. Remember, you will be sharing a room with limited space.