Official secondary school transcript/s
English translated with grading scale explanation and external examination results.
If transferring from a university outside the United States, send official college transcript/s from all colleges attended to World Education Services (WES)
- Request an official course-by-course evaluation to be sent to the Office of Admissions at Saint Joseph’s College.
TOEFL results: Test of English as Foreign Language
VISIT TOEFL Prep and Practice for resources for the test
if you are not fluent in English, Our code is 1697.
Internet-based test (iBT) score should be 80 or higher with subscores of 20 or higher in each of the four subsections.
Paper-based test (PBT) score should be 550 or higher
If you are fluent in English, ACT or SAT I score is required for scholarship consideration.
IELTS Results: International English Language Testing Results
- Score of 6.5 or higher
- In addition to meeting the total requirement, a minimum score of 6.0 is required for each section of the test
$35 (US) non-refundable application fee (waived if you apply online)
Financial statement and sponsorship letter
Change of School Report is required for all programs if student is currently attending a school in the US.
- An international student cannot begin their studies until an F1 visa is issued.
- An F1 visa will not be issued without an I-20 form from SJC.
- An I-20 form will not be considered or issued without financial papers.
- An I-20 form will not be issued without proof of insurance. Proof of insurance must be in English.
- For information about obtaining a student visa, contact the US Department of State Visa Services.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is the World Education Service evaluation required?
Yes, a course-by-course evaluation is required. The evaluation takes your international education and translates a cumulative grade point average necessary for an admission decision.
Who may submit letters of recommendation?
Letters of recommendation may be written by academic or professional references.
When is the last date that I can be accepted?
The last date of acceptance for international students for the 2016-2017 school year is July 5, 2016.
What is the cost for international applicants?
Full-time international applicants must prove that they have the following funds available:
|Room & Board||$9,480|
|Books & Fees||$2,750|
|Total (1 year)||$41,880 + insurance|
Can the amount of money needed for the financial statement decrease if I have a family member to live with?
Yes, $5000 can be subtracted if notarized proof of the living arrangement is presented.
Is on-campus housing available?
Yes, on-campus housing is available for undergraduate and graduate students.
Can an international graduate student attend part-time?
No, all international students holding F1 visas must attend on a full-time basis (9 credits without an assistantship or 8 credits with an assistantship).