Conducting Your Internship Search
The following websites provide internship listings. Students are also encouraged to identify companies in their hometowns and initiate contacts for internship opportunities. Many students have created their own internships with companies that don't have formal programs. The key is to take initiative, have an idea of what you want in an internship, and be creative and persistent.
- SJC Job and Internship Search System - The SJC Job and Internship Search System was created for SJC students. It contains jobs and internships with local and national employers. Some internships are close to the SJC campus and may be completed during the school year. Once you enter the search system, go to "Search for Jobs Listed to My School." Then select "Internships" at Type(s) of Job(s).
- Indiana INTERNnet - The Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce Program provides Indiana listings of internship opportunities.
- Internships-USA - A generous listing of companies, organizations and industries that offers internships. User name is "u03" and password is "career".
- CDS International - A non-profit organization providing information on international internship programs.
- Studentjobs.gov - Internship information and listings with the Federal Government.
- InternshipPrograms.com - You can post your resume to employers who are exclusively looking for interns, search extensive database of internships, read internship reviews, or create your own real-intern profile.
- Rising Star Internships - An entire site devoted only to internship listings for many of different industries and career paths.
E-mail your questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.