- Complete/Submit Event Scheduling Form. This online form is strictly for employees of the College; students need to fill out the hard copy of the form, available in the Dean of Students Office and Event Services Office.
- Once you submit the online Event Scheduling Form, you become the event's advisor.
- Please submit this form at least 14 days before your event. This form will reserve the area for your use and also inform Dining Services, Security, and Physical Plant of your intended program. Expect an email for approval or denial of your request within 2 to 3 business days after submitting the form. Form accuracy is the responsibility of the sponsoring organization/advisor.
- If you plan to have food at your event, Sodexo must be used; make catering arrangements directly with the Sodexo Catering Manager (ext. 6347) at least 14 days prior to the event. You may also complete the form at http://saintjoedining.com/catering/request.html.
- If your event requires security, you must make arrangements with the Associate Dean of Students for Safety (ext. 6128) at least 14 days prior to the event.
- Audio/Video services (Request Online or call ext. 6190) must be arraged at least 14 days prior to the event.
- If your event requires a diagram for set up, you will be contacted by Physical Plant (ext. 6165). Diagrams are to be submitted at least 14 days prior to the event.
- Space is scheduled on a first-come, first-serve basis.
Scheduling of Fee for Admission/Participation Events or External Groups
The process for scheduling fee for admission/participation or external groups is the same as for internal groups EXCEPT that all events involving rental of facilities, or that have a participation fee attached to them, must be scheduled through the Event Services Office (ext. 6351).
Events in the Halleck Student Center
The primary purpose of Halleck Student Center is to serve as the hub of student events and activities and as a place for students, staff, and faculty to congregate and relax. Rental of Halleck Ballroom and conference room space to external groups must not disrupt the conducting of business in offices nor detract from use by internal groups. In all cases, use by internal groups will take precedence. Internal groups include the Board of Trustees, Alumni Association, and Fellows.
Events on the Ballroom Level
- Events scheduled for the Ballroom should be contained within the Ballroom. Use of the North Lounge must be approved. Alcohol served at events in the Ballroom must remain on the Ballroom level. The Ballroom will be available to decorate no earlier than 24 hours prior to the start time of an event. Decorations must be pre-approved. Decorations must be removed immediately after the event. Any decoration left for SJC personnel to remove will result in the sponsoring individual/group being billed for labor. College furnishings may not be moved without prior approval.
- The North & South Lounges are available for use by internal groups in the evenings and on weekends, when students are on campus, if approved. The Lounges are available to external groups when students are not present on campus, if approved.
- The Director of Physical Plant must be able to ensure that furniture will be returned to normal set-up prior to 9:00 a.m. the morning following the event in order for an event to be approved. You will be contacted regarding your set-up needs if clarification is needed. Please note:
- A minimum four (4) hour turnover is required between an event taking place in the same building and location during normal business days (Monday—Friday, 7:30 a.m.—4:00 p.m.). Outside of normal business hours, a 14-day advance notice must be given to schedule the appropriate personnel to perform the turnaround in 4 hours. Hours worked outside the normal business hours will be charged to the external group reserving the facility.
- Large groups requiring SJC personnel to be present to maintain the facility (restrooms, trash) will be charged for the hours actually worked.
Areas Available for Use
- Board Room
- Core Education Center Auditoriums
- Core Education Center Foyer
- Saint Joseph’s Chapel
- Scharf Alumni Fieldhouse
- Presidential Suite
- Founder's Room
- Gaspar Center
- Lourdes Grotto
- Halleck Student Center Lounges
- Hanson Recreation Center
- Lake Banet Park
- Residence Hall Lounges
- Robinson Memorial Library Gallery
- Robinson Memorial Library Conference
- Evans Arts and Science Building Theatre
- Schwietermann Hall Guest Rooms
- Welcome Center
- Summer Conferences
PLEASE NOTE: The College employee who is serving as the sponsor of an event must be present for the duration of any event held in the Halleck Student Center.