Commencement Activities 2013
Wednesday, May 8th
- Degree-Signing Party: Picnic (IM Field near Noll Hall), 5:00 to 6:00 p.m. Graduates on meal plan, bring ID.
Friday, May 10th
- Senior Portraits: 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Halleck Student Center North Lounge) Portraits by Doren.
- Sign-up sheets located in the Dean of Students Office.
- Senior Brunch: At noon (Halleck Student Center Ballroom) Faculty and staff are welcome.
- Dinner is on your own this evening, as there is no dinner scheduled on campus.
Saturday, May 11th
- Picnic at Lake Banet: Noon to 1:30 p.m. No charge for graduates Children under 3 years old eat free; 3-5 years old - $2.75; 6-12 years old - $4.95; Adults - $8.95. Rain location: Founder's Room. RSVP
- Baccalaureate Mass: 5:00 p.m. (Chapel)
- Graduates assemble in Halleck Center by 4:30 p.m. and process to Chapel. If inclement weather, assemble in Chapel Cafeteria. (Chapel lower level)
- Students are required to wear their gowns at this time. Students are not required to wear hoods and caps at this Mass. No special line up required. Faculty are to be dressed in full regalia.
- President's Dinner: 6:30 p.m. (Halleck Student Center Cafeteria) Full food court meal with the addition of a wine and cheese bar. Children under 3 years old eat free; 3-5 years old $3.00; 6-12 years old $8.25; adults $16.50. No charge to graduates. RSVP
- Reception and Semi-formal Dance: 7:30 p.m. until midnight (Halleck Student Center Ballroom)
- Cash bar and snacks. (Graduates will receive three (3) drink tickets.)
- Tickets will be available in Office of Dean of Students May 6-10 during regular business hours.
- Senior Slide Show: 8:00 p.m.
Saturday Picnic Menu
Carolina Pulled Pork BBQ Sandwiches
Grilled Chicken Breast Sandwich
Fresh Vegetable Tray with Dill Dip
Corn on the Cob
Lemonade, Iced Tea, Ice Water
President's Dinner Menu
Full Salad Bar
Wine and Cheese Bar
SJC Twice Baked Potatoes
Steamed Fresh Broccoli with Cheese Sauce
Boursin Chicken Breast Carver
Roast Top Round of Beef Dinner Rolls & Butter
Sunday, May 12th
- Community Buffet Brunch: 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m. in Halleck Student Center Cafeteria. (No charge to graduates; children under 3 years old eat free; 3-5 years old, $3.00; 6-12 years $8.25; adults $16.50) RSVP
- Commencement Ceremony: 12:00 p.m. Graduates assemble in the Halleck Center North Lounge and line up
alphabetically for procession to the Richard F. Scharf Alumni Fieldhouse. Hoods and Caps are worn. Faculty will line the main
aisle leading to the graduation platform. Graduates remain standing after arriving at their seats. (If inclement weather, line
up in Hanson Recreation Center at 12:30 p.m.)
- Doors to Richard F. Scharf Alumni Fieldhouse open at noon.
- Commencement Ceremony begins at 1:00 p.m. in the Richard F. Scharf Alumni Fieldhouse (handicapped seating available)
- Graduation Reception: Immediately following the commencement ceremony in the Core Plaza. (In the event of inclement weather, this will be held in the Hanson Recreation Center.)
Full Salad Bar plus Peel and Eat Shrimp
Chef Style Potatoes
Pancakes with Syrup and Strawberries
Au Gratin Potatoes
Steamed Fresh Green Beans
Carved Baked Ham
Cheese Tortellini with choice of Marinara or Alfredo Sauce
All times are local - Central Daylight Time (CDT)
For more information regarding Commencement 2013
Contact: Linda Estill
Administrative Assistant to the Vice President for Academic Affairs