The official formal name of the College is:
Saint Joseph's College
- The word "Saint" is always spelled out and never abbreviated.
- Saint Joseph's College may be referred to as "SJC" or "the College" with a capital "C."
It is not proper in any printed or visual medium to refer to the College as "Saint Joe."
The official motto of the College is the three Latin words:
Religio Moralitas Scientia
- The motto is always capitalized without punctuation.
- The English translation is "Religion Morality Knowledge."
The standard colors for the SJC logo and logotype follow PMS (Pantone Matching System) guidelines. They are:
#4B0B71 Purple - PMS 2617
#902147 Cardinal - PMS 208
- There are to be no color substitutions ("close matches") to the PMS colors. No other colors are to be used for the logo or logotype in any print or visual application, except that metal foil embossed stamping may be used in a single color. When used on a color background, it may also be screened to white.
- To display the proper colors on your computer, the following should be used:
Purple - RGB R75 G11 B113 -or- hexadecimal #4B0B71
Cardinal - RGB R144 G33 B71 -or- hexadecimal #902147
Twin Towers: The official twin towers logo is the signature of Saint Joseph's College and consists of two elements:
1) The twin towers symbol and 2) a distinctive font.
- The symbol or font cannot be modified in any way. For example:
- The towers should never be separated from "Saint Joseph's College" and should remain at the specified distance from each other.
- The words "Indiana" and "Saint" should always be spelled out; and the words should always appear in uppercase letters and in the stylized Cheltenham font.
- When printing, follow these guidelines: In one color:
- Black, Cardinal (PMS 208), or Purple (PMS 2617)
- Towers, lines, and word "Indiana" in PMS 2617
- The phrase "Saint Joseph's College" in PMS 208
Monogram: There is a consistent spatial relationship between the letters and the lines in the monogram; therefore it is never to be used without the lines.
- If printed in a single color, use black, PMS 208, or PMS 2617.
Printed Name: The printed name should always appear in Cheltenham typeface and used in a single line style with all three words.
- The color may be black, PMS 208, or PMS 2617.
College Seal: The College seal should be used only in formal applications.
- The College seal must list "Rensselaer," not "Collegeville."
- Excluding special circumstances that have been cleared through the Office of Integrated Marketing, the seal and the twin towers logo should not appear on the same page.
- The College seal is primarily displayed in one color, usually black. If more than one color is used, the seal must be printed in three colors.
- If you have any questions regarding usage, please contact the Office of Integrated Marketing.
Graphics Usage: The Saint Joseph's College logo, printed name, monogram, and seal are restricted for use only in approved applications. They are not to be used on any personal items, including personal stationery, nor are they to be used for any commercial or advertising purpose that is not expressly approved by the Director of Integrated Marketing.
Logos and "Safe Areas": A quarter-inch "safe area" around SJC logos are preserved to allow for maximum legibility. No elements such as typography, other logos, or photos may intrude upon this safe area. In addition, placing the logo too close to a cut or folded edge also violates the safe area. If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Integrated Marketing.
Athletics Visual Identity/Mascot LogosGuidelines for Use
Mascot Logos Page
High-quality digital files of the College seal, logo, printed name, monogram, and mascot are available through the Office of Integrated Marketing.
Digital versions of the College Logos can be downloaded from the SJC Logos page.
Digital versions of the Athletics Visual Identity/Mascot Logos can be downloaded from the Mascot Logos page.
The College has standard designs for letterhead, envelopes, and business cards. No other stationery is approved or may be used for official College correspondence.
- These designs may not be altered or modified, and no alternate forms of any stationery materials resembling College stationery may be used without authorization from the Director of Integrated Marketing.
- Departments or programs with special stationery needs should contact the Office of Integrated Marketing.
Restricted Use: College stationery is to be used only for College communications and should not be used by those other than staff, faculty, members of the Board of Trustees and Alumni Association Board of Directors, and approved student organizations.
Stationery Orders: All orders for College stationery, envelopes, and business cards must be placed with Rensselaer Printco. This allows for special price breaks in the cost of paper and ensures that all such materials are in accordance with SJC guidelines. Orders can be placed with Pam Barlow Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. by calling 219-866-5000.
- The Director of Integrated Marketing shall have final authority over the design and application of stationery for College use.